Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The near ENDLESS wait for a simple answer! Am I worthy of at LEAST an evaluation???

So I got to Maui in April 2011 and am STILL waiting in August 2011 for the insurance company to deem me "worthy" of transplant evaluation!! 4 months! Just for the EVALUATION! What's up with THAT? NOT for the actual TRANSPLANT! Nope Im still waiting to be approved for the EVAL!

First, Dr Wells (who is the doctor in charge of Circa Transplant here in Hawaii....decides he needs 3 months of negative results for Alcohol, drugs, nicotine, HIV, Cancer.....) I get it.....this makes sense to me.....Done! April, May and June....done....even sent over July! Do you want August too? Id be happy to oblige!

Next,  he decides wants ALL my records from Baylor X Center  in Dallas.....done! (he already had them but ok....lets see if there are MORE) DONE!

.....last week he asked for records from 15 years ago at Medical Mt Sinai in Manhattan!! Yes I said 15 yrs ago!!

Why is that relevent? Im confused? Isn't it WAY more important to see ALL my records from the past 2-3 yrs? Even 5 yrs....ok lets even go back 10 yrs! But 15 yrs??? Seems to me the dreaded Dr. Wells is looking for anything he can to decide on a big NO......why?? Does the insurance company pay him to deny people? Ive seen movies on this very subject....or am I getting paranoid here??

Why am I not worthy of a Transplant "opportunity" here in the USA? How many OTHER people are going through the same red tape processes that I have gone through for the past year? I was denied in Texas 14, count 'em, FOURTEEN TIMES!!

This country is in serious need for change of policies.....if not to benefit ME to benefit the 1000's of OTHER people waiting for health care....for necessary transplants to save their lives. 1000's die EVERY day waiting....not knowing what to do or who to go to or how to make changes.....

ARGH.....don't take your organs to heaven, heaven knows we need them HERE! Be a donor, give the gift of life!

No comments:

Post a Comment