Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Another day another battle....

Life certainly is never dull..well, MY life anyway! Yesterday I had a GREAT doctor visit.....the office was like a serene bedroom complete with candles and really cool decorations...I immediately flt at ease.......it was my big psyche evaluation with the psychiatrist as part of the transplant evaluation and it  went wonderfully! He said I am the perfect candidate for transplant and  I passed with flying colors .  He told me his report to the center would ge a gleaming one to say the least!

He went on to say I have no mental disorders whatsoever and that I am extremely educated in this process and understand perfectly well the situation I am in....now this is NOT saying Im OK with my situation and he said anyone who says they are would be lying and i can tell you are not...

 I told him that more then depressed about it Im pretty damn pissed off about the whole thing...not because I feel sorry for myself but because I hate the gaping holes in this country's health care system....I told him that I am probably the biggest supporter of donor education he will meet and he loved it! We spke a lot about the problems this country is facing in that department!

He asked me when this road is finished and I am healthy again he wants concert tickets to my next big show here on Maui! LOL DONE! And we also spoke about my son in laws restaurant and he had heard of it and so I gave him a few free appetizer cards for him and his staff and I know he will be going there!

Then today came.....a simple diagnostic mammo...(the one two months ago showed something but they werent concerned ust said Id need a follow up soon)......long story short I have an ultra sound tomorrow morning at 7 am to tell me whatever the radiologist found...never fun when the radioogist walks in the room to tell you "Now I dont want you to worry BUT....'

So of course Im worried, wont sleep tonight.....but Im sure it'll be fine....the universe could not possibl=y be THAT cruel cause if it is indeed cancer, bye bye transplant opportunity....

Life in Tammy's shoes.....brought to you by  SNL's Debbie Downer! heehee
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment